About the Women's Small Business Association (WSBA)
WSBA Networking Events
The Network Luncheon
Open to business women only. These afternoon networking events provide attendees the opportunity to exchange business information and also self-promote with a 60 second commercial presentation. All area business women are invited to attend. Non-members are welcomed!
The After Work Network
Open to business men and women. These casual networking events are centrally located to the membership and other area professionals. The After Work Network offers a relaxing and productive atmosphere in which to mingle and exchange business information. Non-members are welcome to attend!
The Network Breakfast
Open to business men and women. These speed networking events will offer a structured and effective networking format that will encourage attendees to give referrals and leads.
WSBA Yearly Events
The Pittsburgh Entrepreneur Conference
The Pittsburgh Entrepreneur Conference is a day-long, intensive event designed to encourage the growth of small and start-up business. The Conference also hosts the WSBA Best of Pittsburgh Awards, highlighting successful women in business and the community. WSBA volunteers are also recognized for their efforts.
WSBA Holiday Business Expo
Each year the WSBA partners with a local non-profit organization for the annual WSBA Business Holiday Expo. This event offers group members and others a chance to contribute to an organization that shares the WSBA message of support and community building. Attendees are invited to network in a learning environment featuring informational presentations.
Jingle & Mingle
The Jingle & Mingle encourages networking with holiday shopping, while supporting several non-profit community services. #JingleMingle
- General Membership
- Premier Membership
- Corporate Membership
General Membership - $75 per year
This membership is perfect for anyone that would like to participate in more events and eliminate the participation fee, for the purpose of marketing to our membership.
- $10 meeting fee is waived for all WSBA networking events.
- Members will be able to list their company name, mailing address, email address, and phone number in the business directory.
Premier Membership - $160 per year or $16 per month
This membership is for an individual that needs to self promote and utilize tools that will grow your business.
WSBA advertises your business
- Your company highlight sent through all WSBA social media channels in all chapters. Over 8,000 business owners.
- Your 30 min. online lecture marketed to our members and the community. The lecture is then uploaded in the WSBA education library for members to listen upon demand. (once per year)
- Your company sale or special advertised through all WSBA social media channels in all chapters. Over 8,000 business owners.
- Your online webinar scheduled and marketed through our databases
- 30 min. highlight on television show called Propel Pittsburgh.
Tools to grow your business
- A complimentary marketing video created for your business.
- A complimentary social media graphic created for your business
- Opportunities to be highlighted in the WSBA online newsletter.
- Special discounts for sponsorship, exhibit space, and advertising opportunities.
- Member of the U$X credit union.
- Access to capital to expand your business through several of our funding partners.
- Complimentary participation to the Empowered Women Master Class Series
- Complimentary participation to the online business marketing classes.
- Complimentary monthly access to small business start-up and development consulting through STEER business consulting (15 mins. per month)
- Complimentary business and leadership coaching through NuCoPRO business coaching. (1 session)
- Special invitation to the online Small Business Accelerator Mastermind group that meets via video conference (starting Jan. 2021)
- The $10 meeting fee is waived for all WSBA networking events within all chapters
- Members will be able to list their company name, company logo, mailing address, phone number, email address with links, web address with links, and all social links in the business directory.
- Your company is included in the featured premier member highlight on our website.
- 50% OFF the admission price for WSBA conferences scheduled within any chapter.
- Opportunities to have your company highlighted in the WSBA online newsletter.
- Discounted admission to events through our business organization partners.
** WSBA offers complimentary general membership for Veterans
*** WSBA offers membership scholarship to any female applicant interested in pursuing a business based on financial need.
Corporate Membership - $400 per year
This membership represents the corporation, and can be used by any representative within the corporation.
- Company exclusivity under this type of membership.
- Your representatives (men or women) will utilize this membership for corporation exposure.
(max 2 per event)
- Company logo on the main page for one year.
- Your company email sent through our email database once per month.
- Guaranteed speaking opportunity at the Pittsburgh Entrepreneur Conference.
Susan Miller is a powerful business driver whose entrepreneurial instincts and clarity of vision have carried multiple companies through rapid and continuous growth.
Ms. Miller started her first business, as a single mother of two daughters. She struggled to raise them with no child support and working full time. Owning a small business enabled Ms. Miller to control their destiny, but yet spend quality time with her daughters. Ms. Miller’s understanding of the struggles that women in business face, had encouraged her to start the Women’s Small Business Association, WSBA – LLC. In 2007. Her vision was to encourage women to start their own business, so they can have economic independence. She also strives to help them develop skills needed for entrepreneurial success. She believes that self-employment is a viable and a needed option for all women.
WSBA is a resource for women to connect, learn practical and professional strategies from nationally and locally recognized experts, and network with peers.
Mission Statement: To become a valuable resource to business women, by helping and stimulating small and start up business throughout PA, through networking, opportunities, and education.
WSBA is based in Pittsburgh, developing throughout Pennsylvania, and other states. Ms. Miller also uses WSBA to raise funding and awareness for non-profit organizations that support women.
- Small Business Association Business Award Nominee 2004
- 2006 PA. Best 50 Women in Business award winner
- 2006 NAWBO’s Make the connection award winner
- Women’s Business Network’s Wondrous Woman 2006 award winner
- Senate of Pennsylvania Special Recognition – Sponsored by State Senator Jan
- Orie 2005, March 2006, May 2006, April 2007
- 2005 speaker at the PAACC Women’s Leadership Conference
- Pennsylvania House Of Representatives Special Recognition – Presented by Thomas C. Petrone 2005
- PA. Office Of Lieutenant Governor Special Recognition – Presented by Catherine Knoll May 2006
- Special Recognition by Senator John Pippy June 2006
- Special Congressional Recognition – Presented by Melissa Hart October 2006
- 2006 Athena Award Nominee
- 2006 Speaker at the PAACC Fast Track Program